How to Remove Hair from Carpet
When it's time for some carpet cleaning, here are a few hints that will help you to remove pet hair from your carpets:
- Get a squeegee with a long handle that can be pushed along the floor. The rubber on the squeegee will miraculously pull up the pet hair so it's easy to vacuum up. Cleaning carpet to remove pet hair might need a carpet rake as well as a strong suctioning vacuum to remove dog or cat hair from Berber carpeting.
- Pet hair can be removed from a rug using fabric softener, a vacuum, water, and a spray bottle. Mix 3 parts water to one part fabric softener in a spray bottle. Slightly mist your floor with the solution you've just made. Don't saturate the rug, just lightly spray it. Let the carpet dry, and then vacuum. Pet hair will be loosened up by the fabric softener and will be much easier to remove.
- Sprinkle your carpet with a delicate coating of baking soda. Let it sit for just a few minutes. Then vacuum your rug like you usually do. Not only will pet hair be loosened and ready to be vacuumed up, but the baking soda will also nicely deodorize your room!
- Here's a few more tips for carpet cleaning. Get some rubber gloves, put them on, and move your hands across the rug to remove pet hair. Get a balloon and rub it along the surface of the carpet. Static electricity will pull the pet hair right out of the carpet. Cleaning carpet hairs would be a lot easier if you buy a new vacuum that's specifically designed to remove pet hairs. The Dyson Animal vacuum cleaner is highly recommended.
- If none of the above mentioned tips work, maybe it's time to have your carpet professionally cleaned.
For more information about how to best clean your carpet, please contact us or come in to see us today!